Thursday, October 28, 2010

Purple and Green Halloween Mani

Yay, Halloween is only a few days away!!! I was feeling a little tired of the typical orange and black combo, so I decided to do another ghoulish combo - green and purple. I have also been thinking what I could use this bright lime green polish for, so this was perfect!

I wish I had a super easy and simple technique for this, but I don't. The easiest way for me was to freehand it. I tried using nail guides, but it just didn't look right. I started by swiping the green polish diagonally at the bottom of the nail. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Green With Envy. Then I swiped the purple across the top in the same way as I did the green, making sure to cover any bare nail. I used OPI Nevermore as my purple. In order to make the lines look smoother I used a nail art brush with black polish across where the green and purple meet. I finished with a cute spider decal for a little extra oomph.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to do my halloween mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail Designs - Thanks!!

    Katrina - Thanks girl! Me too :)

    Kimberly - Thank you! It makes me think of a witch!

    Polish Lava - Can't wait to see your Halloween mani!

    ReplyDelete